Dr. C. N. Raja, MS., DLO., FRCS (ED)., DLORCS (LON).,
IMA State President,
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
- M.B.B.S : Medical College of Coimbatore University – (1979)
- DLO : Medical College of Madras University – (1983)
- M.S : Medical College of Madras University – (1988)
- DLORCS : Royal College of Surgeons of England (London) – (1994)
- FRCS : Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh – (1995)
- Served in the Government of Tamilnadu Health Services for 10 years from 1983 – 1992
- Served as Associated Professor of ENT at Perundurai Medical College in the year 1993
During my period of post graduate training in Otolaryngology, I studied the prevalence of Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma in a tertiary referral centre in south India and submitted a dissertation to the University of Madras, in partial fulfillment for the aware of Masters Degree in Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery.
I audited the pattern of post -operative wound infection in a general surgical ward in the University Hospital of Madras while I was working as a Senior House Officer in the General Surgical specialties. The conclusions were presented at the monthly general surgical forum of the hospital.
I participated in a study evaluating the sensitivity of Microscopic Diathermic dissection of the tonsils to detect post -Tonsillectomy bleeding, with a view to minimizing hospital stay.
Comparative study of Adenoidal Hypertrophy. X-ray postnasal space vs. 70 degree rigid Nasendoscope. At Ipswich Hospital, studied the use of Ear drops in post Mastoidectomy patients and presented at the South Zone Conference India.
Academic and Teaching Experience
During my tenure as the Senior ENT Resident in Madras Medical College Hospital, I was regularly involved in the conduct of lectures and clinical demonstration sessions for undergraduate and junior ENT residents of the Medical College. As a faculty member of the Chengalpattu Medical college for eighteen months and eighteen months as registrar at Ipswich UK, I used to train undergraduate medical students in the basic concepts of Otolaryngology.
4 Years worked at Perundurai Medical College as Hony. Faculty.
INDIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
ERODE BRANCH – POSTS
- Confederation of Indian Industry, Erode Branch
- Secretary, Erode IMA (2006 – 2007) & President, Erode IMA (2008 – 2009)
- President of ERODE IMA TRUST (2008 – 2009)
- Founder Trust Member & Treasurer of IMAYAM.
- Founder Member & Secretary of SHARE & CARE (Family Security Scheme of EIMA)
STATE LEVEL – POSTS
- Governing Council Member IMA CGP TNSB 2009 – 2010
- Assistant Secretary IMA TNSB – 2010
- Sports Committee Chairman IMA TNSB 2011 & 2012
- Vice President of West Zone IMA TNSB 2012
- Hony. State Secretary IMA TNSB 2014 – 2015
- State Secretary IMA NHB TNSB 2016 – 2017
NATIONAL LEVEL – POSTS
- Central Council Member of IMA 2006 – 2013
- Central Working Committee Members of IMA 2014 – 2015
- Convenor in National Safe Sound Initiative 2016 – 2017
- Management Committee Member for National Health Insurance
- Secretary AOI – Erode Branch – 4 Years (2000 – 2004)
- State President of AOI (2010 – 2012)
- All India Governing Council Member of AOI
- Organizing Secretary for State Conferences at Erode (AOI) 2000
- Organizing Secretary for State Conferences at Erode (AOI) 2010
- Founder Secretary of ENT Share and Care of Tamilnadu ENT Association
- Founder Secretary of Family Protection Scheme of Tamilnadu ENT Association
- Free Mason of Lodge Kalingaraya – 220
- Recipient of Best Master and Best Lodge Award 2010 (Free Mason) – Coimbatore Area
- President of Nandhi Matriculation School, Erode
- President of Accident Care Association, Erode
- Regularly conducting free ENT camps for the past 15 years at Sathyamangalam Hill Tribes.
- Also conducting free ENT camps at Salem, Namakkal, Karur and Erode Districts.
- Doing free ENT Surgeries for Sathyamangalam Hill Tribes for the past 15 years.
- Conducted 60 ENT camps in and around Erode and distributed Free Hearing Aids to nearly 150 patients.
- Running a school for Hearing Handicapped Patients for the past 15 years.